Sunday, September 2, 2007

have you driven a ford car before?


I could recall the excitement and joy the day I got my driving license. It felt great to know how to drive! It was those young women's thing at that time and I called out some close friends for a celebration! For a long time I didn't have a car until I stepped out of the working world. Being a young graphic designer, I could only afford used cars so I borrowed some money from my parents and shared an used Ford with my brother. We looked through the classified ads and after a few viewings, we finally bought a Ford Focus 1.6 Lx from one of the Ford dealers.

Being a hatchback with power assisted steering, the Ford Focus was easy to manoeuvre and drive around. Other than some occasional screeching from the brakes, it was an used car that served both my brother and myself for more than 5 years. At 1.6 Lx, it wasn't as powerful as some Japanese car models, but the price was affordable and it seemed to save on petrol too. If I could recall, we only had to send it to the mechanics twice, one occasion was to fix the electric windows which wouldn't move up and down smoothly and the other problem was the car brakes.

We were thankful not to experience any accidents during that 5+ years except for some gentle knocks and dents. On one occasion, I ramped up a big kerb and almost thought I had lost the tyres but to my surprise, the car drove off fine except for some scratches on the rear door. Looking back, my brother got mad and banned me from touching that car for a fortnight.

We had both moved on to driving other cars now but the used car we shared brought us much memories of siblings bonding and the good old days of growing up. Have you driven a Ford before?


Source: http://dorischua.blogspot.com/2007/09/have-you-driven-ford-car-before.html

No comments: